Friday, June 14, 2013

Hi there, I bought of lot of the different GF flours  to experiment gluten-free recipes and so far not much success with the final product.When I measure with my little kitchen scale I do not get the right measurement needed for appealing and successful breads and cakes. So I bought some GF mixes to work with including Bob Mills mixes and I found that these mixes are so easy to work with and I get very good results. I found that working with GF flours (and there is so many of them) is daunting!

Yesterday, I saved two ripe bananas to make a GF banana bread. I rummaged through my hand written recipes which I collected over the months from the net and I picked one that used a GF mix cause I had very little time to spare and did not want to through the measurement process. Turns out to be the best GF banana bread I have ever eaten! Yay!!!!I am so excited and happy with the result. I tasted better than a wheat flour banana bread! So my friends I have to share it. I also thought that the magic ingredient of this recipe is cinnamon! Or maybe the coconut oil.

Here is the recipe: ( I used coconut oil instead of canola oil which I was out of)

GLUTEN-FREE BANANA BREAD

Ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut oil,
2 large eggs,
1 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mills all purpose flour,
2 tsp. baking powder,
1 tsp. xanthan gum,
2 ripe mashed bananas,( it should be chunky),
1/2 cup raisins,
2/3 cup brown sugar,
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon,
1/2 tsp. salt,
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line a 9 x 5 loaf non-stick pan.

2. Cream oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl.

3. Mix all dry ingredients add to the egg mixture, alternately with bananas. Beat until smooth.
    Batter should be soft.

4. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour. Test with a toothpick for doneness. (it should come out clean).Lift out           of the pan and allow to cool on a rack. Slice and enjoy!

(I you like it with nuts you can add about 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts)

Good luck! PEACE AND LOVE!







1 comment: