Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hi there, One of my green friends and big helper in my kitchen is my home made green seasoning. I usually make a batch and freeze half and keep the other half in a mason jar and refrigerate to use when cooking. It is very convenient and versatile. I use it in stews, curries and seasoning fresh meat and fish.Works well when you are busy and makes cooking easy and quick. I like to share this with you my friends.

GREEN SEASONING




INGREDIENTS

3 large onions, chopped
12 ozs of garlic, peeled
3 inches of ginger with skin, chopped,
1/2 cup rosemary leaves, fresh,
1 cup of broad thyme leaves, fresh,
1/2 cup fine thyme leaves, fresh,
1/2 cup of oregano leaves, fresh,
1 cup of basil leaves, fresh,
1 hot pepper (optional)
1 tsp. salt,
 2 tbsp. olive oil,
1/4 cup tap water.

DIRECTIONS

1. Wash and remove  all stems from the the rosemary, thyme, oregano, and basil.

2. Put all the ingredients into a food processor begin by pulsing then allow to grind finely. May have to do it       in batches. I put the onions first then the garlic with the water and the add the rest in small batches. Mix         well.

3. Store in a mason jar or recycle bottle and keep in the fridge.  This can be frozen as well. Do not toss if it       gets darker over time. It just gets better! The favors marry to create a balance of herbs which makes your     dishes so yummy.



Good Luck!     PEACE AND LOVE!

1 comment: